Thursday 5 June 2014

Speaking Out About Suicide and Abuse


A few months ago I was given the opportunity to share some of my story with the Australian Marie Claire magazine. I said yes and was interviewed a while ago. It is of course a snapshot into a very big life - The topic Surviving Suicide. It is in the July issue, out now.


 I am out and open about my life’s experiences the beauty and the pain because I believe in that expression is the key to moving and growing through it all with love, hope and grace. I’m all for shining a light into the darkness, the mess, the secrets and lighting it upAll the better to help see the way through to the 'out the other side'. 


I speak about it because I can and with knowing I’m not alone in the experience. For a painfully long time I felt so alone in it, suicide was simply never mentioned. I decided long ago that no part of me need be left behind, or buried for fear or shame, because with love and support I discovered I am not what happened to me. I am who and how I choose to be in response to the things that have happened to me, and the circumstances of my life. 


I choose to use every part of my life story to make a difference where and when and however possible. Our lives are full of stories, all so rich in diversity yet universal in so many ways. If my story serves to inspire others in any way, offer validation, invite reflection and ignite positive change then I am grateful to have made a difference in the life of someone else. 

Melanie Lee

You can also find me via the links below

https://www.facebook.com/TheCreativeKind

https://www.facebook.com/agirlintheworld.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, we would love to hear from you, your feedback is most welcome & and appreciated.